United Cavers Exploration Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is no longer in use - please visit www.ucet.org.uk for the new system.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Cave That Descends To Hell .....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-11-25

The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... Empty
PostSubject: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 11:21 am

I have been asked to put forward a rather colossal and somewhat unprecedented trip of almost biblical proportion by one of our members ....

It is a cave in France with virtually no human activity for over 26000 years and reaches a depth of 1312 feet. It is described as having some of the very best cave paintings ever to be discovered.

It’s name is Chauvet Pont D’Arc Cave and is alleged to contain monsters. The lower depths are known to be high in Radon and CO2 causing hallucinations so it won’t be necessary to bring any mushrooms (sorry Doug!).

We are going to need some serious riggers, oxygen masks and nerves of steel ......

Here is a taster .....

The Cave That Descends To Hell - CLICK ME

What a Face What a Face What a Face

Ian
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male
Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 11:47 am

Ian wrote:
I have been asked to put forward a rather colossal and somewhat unprecedented trip of almost biblical proportion by one of our members ....

It is a cave in France with virtually no human activity for over 26000 years and reaches a depth of 1312 feet. It is described as having some of the very best cave paintings ever to be discovered.

It’s name is Chauvet Pont D’Arc Cave and is alleged to contain monsters. The lower depths are known to be high in Radon and CO2 causing hallucinations so it won’t be necessary to bring any mushrooms (sorry Doug!).

We are going to need some serious riggers, oxygen masks and nerves of steel ......

Here is a taster .....

The Cave That Descends To Hell - CLICK ME

What a Face What a Face What a Face

Ian

well found sec . you obviously have to much time on your hands
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male
Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 11:50 am

i'll go if its a walk in walk out place ..would love to photograph it. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.mine-explorer.co.uk
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male
Number of posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 11:54 am

martymarty wrote:
i'll go if its a walk in walk out place . Razz

i think you and les w should start your own WALK IN WALK OUT caving club What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 12:06 pm

martymarty wrote:

It's a "cave" Marty ...... AND full of monsters ........

Two reasons I would have thought would be rather off-putting for you Shocked

.....and, I cannot take credit for finding it .... did you not read the first words in my post Mr Captain Sir ?

clown clown clown

Ian
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 1:02 pm

Ian wrote:
martymarty wrote:

It's a "cave" Marty ...... AND full of monsters ........

Two reasons I would have thought would be rather off-putting for you Shocked

.....and, I cannot take credit for finding it .... did you not read the first words in my post Mr Captain Sir ?

clown clown clown

Ian
I wasnt waiting for an answer from you I was making a statement.

Yes its a cave and a big wide crawly one by the looks of it and you are wrong its not full of monsters (they are not real sorry) although you may think it is when the effects of the conditions inside the cave take effect as said in the clip.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 1:26 pm

martymarty wrote:
I wasnt waiting for an answer from you I was making a statement.

Yes its a cave and a big wide crawly one by the looks of it and you are wrong its not full of monsters (they are not real sorry) although you may think it is when the effects of the conditions inside the cave take effect as said in the clip.

Razz

Oddly, (well not actually), I didn't state or infer that you were soliciting an answer from either myself or anyone else; nor did I ever intimate that I was questioning that fact that you were making a statement.

Even more oddly, (well, again, not actually), neither was I looking for, or inferring that I wanted or needed an answer from you - indeed, I was making a statement precisely in the manner that you orignally were and in no more questionable terms than you were.

It would appear that you have managed to achieve precisely that which you considered I had (but had not), through a (marginally less than) cataclysmic mis-understanding of either what I had written or the use of the English language.

For the avoidance of doubt, I have just made another statement.

In any event, I am delighted you have found a desire to venture into the vast underworld of caves - there are a great many adventures and treasures to behold and your "world" has just become a much bigger and more wonderous place .....

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ian
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 1:34 pm

had some whisky have you Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 1:39 pm

martymarty wrote:
had some whisky have you Evil or Very Mad

Not yet ........ Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 1:39 pm

Thats a statement with a question in it as well Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 1:41 pm

martymarty wrote:
Thats a statement with a question in it as well Twisted Evil

Are you asking me or telling me ?

cyclops

Ian
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 1:49 pm

Dunno haven't thought of an answer yet affraid
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 1:52 pm

martymarty wrote:
Dunno haven't thought of an answer yet affraid

Had some whisky have you ? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 1:56 pm

Nahh Guiness !! so when are we going?? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 3:01 pm

martymarty wrote:
Nahh Guiness !! so when are we going?? Razz

Assuming you are the REAL Marty and your user account hasn't been hacked ...... you would need to liaise with the trip orgainiser Cool

I don't think I will be able to make it personally though, as I will be down a Mine on that day Suspect

Rolling Eyes

Ian
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 3:05 pm

I am the trip organ grinder (well one half of) and ive changed my mind now Razz
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 3:40 pm

The concept of a "club", "group", "organisation" or "association" is that a number of like-minded people with an commonality (in this case, the underworld) are able to share experiences and embark on adventures either in part or in whole.

In all such "bodies" there are nominated or elected persons who attend to various aspects and elements of the "club", "group", "organisation" or "association". In this case you have rightly identified yourself as a trip organiser and whether you personally have changed your mind or not is somewhat beside the point.

You have a duty (either ethically, morally or under the terms of your election (for which you volunteered)) to organise or, at least, to assist in the organisation of the trip ....

I therefore look forward (as I am sure do the rest of the members) to receiving details of the logisitics of the trip Laughing

I hope you are enjoying your guiness drunken

Cool Cool Cool

Ian
Back to top Go down
Nicole.Kiaya
Nicole.Kiaya

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-18

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 4:28 pm

Well, I for one am definitely looking forward to this trip.

It's in France so if there are monsters, I will use my horrific french vocabulary to scare them away. We also has Murf's face as said before...

Sooo... when shall we go? Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 2:02 am

Ian wrote:
The concept of a "club", "group", "organisation" or "association" is that a number of like-minded people with an commonality (in this case, the underworld) are able to share experiences and embark on adventures either in part or in whole.

In all such "bodies" there are nominated or elected persons who attend to various aspects and elements of the "club", "group", "organisation" or "association". In this case you have rightly identified yourself as a trip organiser and whether you personally have changed your mind or not is somewhat beside the point.

You have a duty (either ethically, morally or under the terms of your election (for which you volunteered)) to organise or, at least, to assist in the organisation of the trip ....

I therefore look forward (as I am sure do the rest of the members) to receiving details of the logisitics of the trip Laughing

I hope you are enjoying your guiness drunken

Cool Cool Cool

Ian
hmm ask ev!
Back to top Go down
doug
UCET Member
doug

Male
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 11:23 am

Well i'm in. What a Face Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cave That Descends To Hell .....   The Cave That Descends To Hell ..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cave That Descends To Hell .....
Page 1 of 1