United Cavers Exploration Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is no longer in use - please visit www.ucet.org.uk for the new system.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weekly Plans ~ Trips

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Weekly Plans ~ Trips Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Plans ~ Trips   Weekly Plans ~ Trips I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 2:14 am

Just in case you didn't know .....

Marc has taken over the weekly trip organisation and is now sending trip details by email only.

Please refer to your email from Marc each week for details of the trips.

bounce

Ian
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male
Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans ~ Trips   Weekly Plans ~ Trips I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 9:58 am

BOO HISSS my tinty webby email thingy not workin so cant access where the trip is but no doubt its a cave anyway so nevermind Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.mine-explorer.co.uk
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans ~ Trips   Weekly Plans ~ Trips I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 10:31 am

Tonight is Nadolig and OHA - usual times and places ....

Nadolig has been mined and intersects with a mine but if you want to use the fact that it is named as a cave as an excuse then fine !

cyclops

Ian

PS. the decision maker who decided that the trips were not being posted will be in the pub tonight if you would like a quiet whisper in his ear lol!
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans ~ Trips   Weekly Plans ~ Trips I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 10:50 am

Why are the Trips now only being sent out via e-mail? It would only take a few seconds for them to be copy and pasted onto here. Or have there been certain issues that have been raised recently?

I just think it would make it easier and more interesting for potential members to see what we get up to, rather than the club coming across as being a bit of a secret caving club?
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male
Number of posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans ~ Trips   Weekly Plans ~ Trips I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 11:58 am

well said joel im glad somebody else has got some sense this is what ive been saying ALL ALONG but marC is a law unto himself . if you are out on thursday dont forget to bring it up and we can hav a vote on it . come back ian
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans ~ Trips   Weekly Plans ~ Trips I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 12:01 pm

"Ian" has not yet had an email to say what is happening on Thursday and has had no response to his plea in the private chat section about an outside "caver" wanting to join us this Thursday.

"Ian" is still waiting for a response of any kind.

rabbit rabbit rabbit

*Edit .... I wasn't aware it was a matter for a "vote" Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male
Number of posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans ~ Trips   Weekly Plans ~ Trips I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 1:35 pm

ive had an e mail na na na na na . one trip on to oha with mark , ill pm you
Back to top Go down
marc
UCET Member
marc

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans ~ Trips   Weekly Plans ~ Trips I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 8:18 am

Yes, the weekly trips will be emailed out to all UCET members from now on.

If any wannabe cavers out there fancy joining us then feel free to get in touch. We would be very pleased to hear from you.

Don't worry: we can arrange loan of gear and temporary BCA insurance while you see if caving is really for you. What have you got to lose!

marc

email: marc@(NOSPAM)ucet.org.uk
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.cave-clwyd.org
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans ~ Trips   Weekly Plans ~ Trips I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 5:41 pm

I'm confused now as to who has the final say in how the weekly trips should be sent out? I was unable to attend caving tonight. Was this decision made by the club as a whole or just by the trip organizer?

I.e, is there a complaints procedure? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans ~ Trips   Weekly Plans ~ Trips I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 2:55 am

Joel,

The complaints procedure is pretty much the same as any club;

If the complaint is minor you could speak to the person with whom the problem exists directly.

or

Speak to the secretary, vice-chairman or chairman and ask for the problem to be addressed.

If the problem is "serious" you could request a meeting of the members (request would need to be made via the secretary or chairman)

or if you wanted to go over everyones heads you could call a meeting which would require a quorum (any two committee members PLUS any two executive officers)

However, the issue of trip posting on the forum was the subject of lengthy and detailed debated for an extended period last night in the pub. It is still on-going and it relates directly to your "complaint". I would expect the postition to be clarified/resolved very shortly.

If you need any more info in the interim, please PM me.

Smile

Ian
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male
Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans ~ Trips   Weekly Plans ~ Trips I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 5:55 am

Ian wrote:
Joel,

The complaints procedure is pretty much the same as any club;

If the complaint is minor you could speak to the person with whom the problem exists directly.

or

Speak to the secretary, vice-chairman or chairman and ask for the problem to be addressed.

If the problem is "serious" you could request a meeting of the members (request would need to be made via the secretary or chairman)

or if you wanted to go over everyones heads you could call a meeting which would require a quorum (any two committee members PLUS any two executive officers)

However, the issue of trip posting on the forum was the subject of lengthy and detailed debated for an extended period last night in the pub. It is still on-going and it relates directly to your "complaint". I would expect the postition to be clarified/resolved very shortly.

If you need any more info in the interim, please PM me.

Smile

Ian
who are the commitee members??
Back to top Go down
http://www.mine-explorer.co.uk
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans ~ Trips   Weekly Plans ~ Trips I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 6:09 am

Every member of the club is automatically a committee member (I know this is unusual but we decided it to be the case in an earlier AGM).

There are 4 executive committee members who are the Chairman, Vice-chairman, Treasurer and Secretary.

There are also "officers" of the club such as Trip organiser (We have two), safety officer, training officer, equipment officer, auditor(s) and probably others that I can't remember at the moment.

All of these are subject to change at each AGM (whether executive or not).

I think that the structure of the club (some one may correct me if I am wrong) is pretty "standard" except, of course, that every member is also designated as a committee member.

albino

Ian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans ~ Trips   Weekly Plans ~ Trips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Plans ~ Trips
Page 1 of 1