United Cavers Exploration Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is no longer in use - please visit www.ucet.org.uk for the new system.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cabin Shaft - Query

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Cabin Shaft - Query Empty
PostSubject: Cabin Shaft - Query   Cabin Shaft - Query I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 2:09 pm

Anyone recognise this shaft from the following description .....

There are 2 (maybe 3) sets of ladders that are not strapped together (they move back and forth when descending them). They go down and down....... About half way down, there looks to be a passage going off behind you - this however is dead. There was water at the bottom of the ladders - we dont go any futher as we wanted to continue along the passage we had started on, so returned back up and eventually ended up at the scaffold pole drop.

Go the main shaft and take a right along a worn stoop passage . Eventually, you get to a traverse - go right at it and carry on. You get to a junction, go left at the junction - it is obvious. Keep going and following what looks to be a worn path. Eventually the wearing stops but we continued going and going down, we exited down through a small hole and drop into this passageway and ahead is the scaffold pole drop with 2 bolts in situ (rope only required, unless bolts/spits now removed).

Shocked

Ian
Back to top Go down
nick

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Shaft - Query   Cabin Shaft - Query I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb 2011, 12:55 am

Are they wooden ladders ian?and when you get to the bottem is there nice arch tunnel with balls deep water,and collapse? Question
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Shaft - Query   Cabin Shaft - Query I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb 2011, 1:16 am

No idea Nick .... the question was asked on another forum and I "copied & pasted" it here in the event one of our members recognised it ....

Rolling Eyes

Ian
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Shaft - Query   Cabin Shaft - Query I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb 2011, 6:54 am

May be towards the Diesel stopes? Never been down that way. Hoping to go and have a look down there Next Weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Shaft - Query   Cabin Shaft - Query I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cabin Shaft - Query
Page 1 of 1