United Cavers Exploration Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is no longer in use - please visit www.ucet.org.uk for the new system.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roy Fellows Lamps

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim Watts
Admin
Tim Watts

Male
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Roy Fellows Lamps Empty
PostSubject: Roy Fellows Lamps   Roy Fellows Lamps I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 6:08 pm

I've recently Bought myself a Trigon Lamp from Roy Fellows. 1170 lumens max power. I am so happy with it that i thought it might be useful to anyone looking for a new lamp if i put a post up on here.

You can read the full specs on his web page for all his different models here: http://www.iriscom.co.uk/m002/products.htm

Since buying mine, he's improved the control system to make it much more user friendly - though to be honest i found it fine to use as it was before (he argued that it had too many mode options which effected its ease of use).

The reason i wanted to post this on here is because i feel that it offers a pretty cost effective solution compared to some of the commercially made stuff out there - and although 'home made', the lamps (based on an oldham) appear very robust and seem to be built to last.

i.e. Package Offer #1: TRIGON Lamp, charger with adaptor to battery lead and charge voltmeter plus 12V mains adaptor, 4 cell helmet mount power pack, fitting kit. £140 plus post and packing.

He also does other models including ultimate Magnastar which goes up to 2400 lumen's making it the most powerful lamp out there. Bear in mind that this model is heavier and in my opinion is probably better suited to big mines than anywhere tight and squeezy!

Also, the other reason i went with the Trigon over the magnastar is that it has a mode where it dishes out 420 lumens at approx 3 watts, which is VERY VERY good economy for this level of light giving over 10.5 hours in this mode from a single helmet pack. A great 'all day' very bright general use light. There is a lower power available which lasts even longer.

For those who haven't met Roy, hes a very nice fellow (no pun intended). SO much so that he arranged to come over to North Wales to demo his lamps in the hendre spar mine in order to help me choose the model i wanted.

If anyone wants a good look at my lamp feel free to ask.

Tim Watts

Back to top Go down
http://www.carriag.co.uk

Roy Fellows Lamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roy Fellows Lamps   Roy Fellows Lamps I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 3:22 am

You know I couldve bought two of Roys for the price I paid for the one Im using.
Im getting it in the neck a bit off lotty, she likes to do it with the lights bright and see the action, her Duo 14 isnt giving the satifaction she so desires.
yeh Im for the show.
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Roy Fellows Lamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roy Fellows Lamps   Roy Fellows Lamps I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 4:59 am

Sledgehamma wrote:

Im getting it in the neck a bit off lotty, she likes to do it with the lights bright and see the action, her Duo isnt giving the satifaction she so desires.

Ermmmmm Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male
Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Roy Fellows Lamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roy Fellows Lamps   Roy Fellows Lamps I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 12:25 pm

is that caniston Duo affraid

Roys lamps are very good but I really wouldnt buy one Ive had the sten now for nearly two years it was secondhand when I got it and wouldnt use anything else certainly not an Oldham conversion now, I wanted something tried and tested the sten is perfect for everything and is waterproof, One current problem is the cable which is really the only flaw in the lamp which im going to have to get repaired shortly ( have to send it of to usa) is for new cable and led upgrade then it will be as good as Ian's, Very impressed with Sledghammers Viper which is certainly a bit of kit probably the only other lamp I would consider buying. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mine-explorer.co.uk
Sponsored content

Roy Fellows Lamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roy Fellows Lamps   Roy Fellows Lamps I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roy Fellows Lamps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
United Cavers Exploration Team :: Club News :: News-
Jump to: