United Cavers Exploration Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is no longer in use - please visit www.ucet.org.uk for the new system.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Helmet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Johno
UCET Member
Johno

Male
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-12-07

New Helmet Empty
PostSubject: New Helmet   New Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 2:57 am

Should I buy a

PETZL VERTEX BEST or PETZL ELIOS

and where is the best place to get one, do club members get any discounts ?

John
Back to top Go down
http://www.nw-media.co.uk
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-11-25

New Helmet Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helmet   New Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 3:12 am

Either will do John (I'm not sure what the difference is having looked at pictures of them both).

If you buy it through Murf he can generally get them a few quid cheaper but on the down side the delivery time is much slower (well, rather random really).

As long as the helmet is the right side for your head and it will accomodate your light .... go for it Very Happy

Ian
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

New Helmet Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helmet   New Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 3:13 am

.... If you buy one on-line I would use;

http://www.berniescafe.co.uk/catalog/

But there are other on-line shops too ....

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ian
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-02-08

New Helmet Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helmet   New Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 10:15 am

I use the Singing rock Digger sit harness and i can't fault it. Cracking harness, find it really comfy as well.

LINK
Back to top Go down
Johno
UCET Member
Johno

Male

New Helmet Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helmet   New Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 10:30 am

Thanks for the advice, but I am not sure how much protection this will give my head!!!

I will certainly consider it when I have done my SRT training.

The VERTEX BEST doesn't have any hole in it! not sure if that makes it safer or just hotter.

So no club discount schemes, should we try and set one up if the club is known at Bernies it maybe worth asking.

The Welsh Canoeing Association offer it members 15% at Cotswold I don't' suppose the BCA offer anything similar.
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

New Helmet Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helmet   New Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 10:59 am

Johno wrote:
Thanks for the advice, but I am not sure how much protection this will give my head!!!

Epic LOL cheers

.... I guess we could ask for a club discount ..... it would be worth talking to Murf first as he is the unofficial club supplier and being the founding member might be reluctant Rolling Eyes

However, I think he may have just given up that element of his business activities and, if he has, I know he has an excellent relationship with "Steve" who runs Bernies clown

Ian
Back to top Go down
Les W
UCET Member
Les W

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-07

New Helmet Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helmet   New Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 4:27 pm

Johno wrote:

I will certainly consider it when I have done my SRT training.

The VERTEX BEST doesn't have any hole in it! not sure if that makes it safer or just hotter.

So no club discount schemes, should we try and set one up if the club is known at Bernies it maybe worth asking.

The Welsh Canoeing Association offer it members 15% at Cotswold I don't' suppose the BCA offer anything similar.

Cotswold will set up a discount with any outdoor group. All you need to do is ask.

(BCA has no such deals with suppliers but it certainly might be worth looking into, I'll give it some thought)
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-02-08

New Helmet Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helmet   New Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 6:20 pm

Apologies, for some reason i thought the subject was SRT harnesses. I was wondering why i hadn't heard of the two supposed harnesses mentioned pale
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male
Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2008-12-07

New Helmet Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helmet   New Helmet I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 11:06 am

Suboffender wrote:
Apologies, for some reason i thought the subject was SRT harnesses. I was wondering why i hadn't heard of the two supposed harnesses mentioned pale

quality . this is the future of our education system????????
Back to top Go down
Johno
UCET Member
Johno

Male

New Helmet Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helmet   New Helmet I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 2:24 am

I got a Petzl Vertex for £46 on ebay which is a good price so here is the link

But be quick they are selling fast 10-available when I bought mine now only 2!

It's is a solid helmet with a webbing support, not the foam type.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Helmet Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helmet   New Helmet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Helmet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
United Cavers Exploration Team :: Cave & Mine Exploring :: General-
Jump to: