United Cavers Exploration Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is no longer in use - please visit www.ucet.org.uk for the new system.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boulby Potash Mine

Go down 
+6
Suboffender
doug
marc
martymarty
Mike Leahy
Ian
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
doug
UCET Member
doug

Male
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 1:56 pm

I just want to stake my claim to a place on the Boulby trip, just in case anyone thinks I am not intereststed.
By the way, the type of potash which is mined at Boulby is potasium chloride, similar in many ways to common salt (sodium chloride), the column of strata in which the deposites are found was formed by the drying out of a large area of sea, milions of years ago.
The column of strata extend down thousands of feet and consist mainly of salt in upper strata, changing to mainly potasium chloride in the lower strata.
potasium chloride is slightly radio active and it's main use is as the "K" in cheaper NPK fertiliser, though it has many other uses.
Boulby mine of course is also home a very important scientific experiment, searching for high energy cosmic patilcles. sunny
Back to top Go down
doug
UCET Member
doug

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 1:59 pm

I just want to stake my claim to a place on the Boulby trip, just in case anyone thinks I am not intereststed.
By the way, the type of potash which is mined at Boulby is potasium chloride, similar in many ways to common salt (sodium chloride), the column of strata in which the deposites are found was formed by the drying out of a large area of sea, milions of years ago.
The column of strata extend down thousands of feet and consist mainly of salt in upper strata, changing to mainly potasium chloride in the lower strata.
potasium chloride is slightly radio active and it's main use is as the "K" in cheaper NPK fertiliser, though it has many other uses.
Boulby mine of course is also home a very important scientific experiment, searching for high energy cosmic patilcles. sunny
Back to top Go down
doug
UCET Member
doug

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 1:59 pm

Back to top Go down
doug
UCET Member
doug

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 2:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 3:54 pm

Doug appears to have staked a claim to four places on the trip. Since Mike L and Marty have announced their desire to go, that would seem to leave 2 places Wink

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Aug 2009, 7:15 am

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male
Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Aug 2009, 8:40 am

i get the impression douge is quite keen to go on this trip lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Muggins
UCET Member
Muggins

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 1:57 am

Places reserved so far ....

Doug
Mick
Mike L
Marty
Evan

3 places remaining........
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 11:40 am

Could you please place my name down, i am a definite for this trip!
Back to top Go down
Muggins
UCET Member
Muggins

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 1:39 pm

By adding your comment to the thread you HAVE put your name down Very Happy

Places reserved so far ....

Doug
Mick
Mike L
Marty
Evan
Joel

2 places remaining........
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male
Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 1:42 pm

you not going Ian
Back to top Go down
http://www.mine-explorer.co.uk
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 1:48 pm

Dunno Marty, I am feeling very ambivalent about it because of the distance .......

So, I am sitting back to let others that definately do want to go grab a (proverbial) seat on the trip. If the places don't fill up I expect I will stick my name down cyclops

Ian
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 1:54 pm

Suboffender wrote:
Could you please place my name down, i am a definite for this trip!
lets hope suboffender dosnt let the team down again this time Razz
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 5:20 pm

Defiantly not going to be missing out on this one, Will be in Uni by then and all caving activities take higher priority to lectures. bounce
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 9:55 am

me not going . never said i wanted to . bloody mines What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face im a CAVER don't you know Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Muggins
UCET Member
Muggins

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 10:01 am

Current list ....

Doug
Mick
Marty
Evan
Joel

3 places remaining .......
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 10:18 am

should no other ucet members want to go i can fill the spare spaces very very easily on M-E or A-N

M Razz
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 10:49 am

i knew you would say that , i was just waiting for you to fess up . ha ha
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 6:37 pm

Before you say no, this trip report is worth a read...

link
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 4:00 am

We need to be finalising the details of who is going on this trip ASAP as we (I) have to notify the mine company in advance of the party members.

I also need to give advance notice of each visitors foot size and chest size as they are providing the kit (you cannot use your own) - please PM me with you shoe size and chest size.

There are still THREE places left on this trip - if you want to go and you are not on the list you need to be saying so NOW

Very Happy

Ian

Current List
Doug
Mick
Marty
Evan
Joel
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 6:54 am

boot size 9 chest size XXL real man size.

Oh and i think you need to put a final date on this now so as i can fill the spaces Razz

Last edited by martymarty on Sun 18 Oct 2009, 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pacef8

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: boulby   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 12:13 pm

Yes Marty if the cavers are not interested add myself as an M.E.member if the places are not taken up.

ta

pace
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 12:23 pm

pacef8 wrote:
Yes Marty if the cavers are not interested add myself as an M.E.member if the places are not taken up.

ta

pace
sorry pal i have allready asked a few ones on m-e and they are waiting for the nod to be added
Back to top Go down
pacef8

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 12:42 pm

fair enough the cavers dont know what they are missing... No
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 12:46 pm

Murf has dropped out of the trip as he will be working on the Isle of Man on the date of the trip (Evan???)

The list is now;

Current List
Doug
Marty
Evan
Joel

Marty.... I will speak to Mike L about a closing date for people to put their names forward, I think it is fair enough Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boulby Potash Mine   Boulby Potash Mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boulby Potash Mine
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next