United Cavers Exploration Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is no longer in use - please visit www.ucet.org.uk for the new system.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weekly Plans 21/10/10

Go down 
+8
Les W
Nicole.Kiaya
Suboffender
Sledge
Mike Leahy
Ian
Johno
evan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sledge
Sledge

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-09-27

Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010, 4:21 am

For the record, I'm now on the mailing list. Thanks John Smile
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010, 6:11 am

Thank god thats all sorted out then

This thread did make good bed time reading though.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male
Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010, 10:58 am

ian
i think you've been watching to many startrek episodes
Back to top Go down
doug
UCET Member
doug

Male
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010, 2:37 pm

Ian wrote:
Flattery has always been “a good bet” and I am humbled to be flattered but;

1) I am powerless to do anything with it
2) You have assumed too much

A star and a flag I could not accept as;

1) My afternoon was not wasted
2) The video was only very mediocre (at best)
3) I delegate heavily in my “busy enterprise” (as one should)
4) I googled only the detail on Messr L Gelli (the rest was floating around the neural network somewhere)
5) I have not “mastered time”

However, time is relative and not a constant. Einstein theorised this and later it was scientifically proven using 4 atomic clocks and a Boeing 747 (I will elaborate if anyone is interested but this being a caving forum I rather doubt it is the place or the time (pardon the pun)).

The salute I will accept but I will also return as your peer.

I am fascinated with YOUR “Golden Ratio”. I assume you are aware of the literally translation (the origin of nature) from your earlier post and also the creation of your own such inception together with your attempts to interpret and understand the allegory that prevailed within. In fact, the experience and self-destruction of this circle is mirrored in two other very significant events in your life of which I know about (and I am certain I know very little indeed) and I believe that this is key to your persona. Of course, the meaning of any glyphs (or otherwise) that you could distinguish within the circle lays within yourself and not the worms – you do understand that don’t you ?

I am also interested in the tower and the cross. What were they and what significance did you draw from them in creating your own Golden Ratio ?

.... Yorkshire was a mile stone and nothing more. Each of our lives are marked with these stones but they are only points we pass in time. It is how we deal with “time” that really matters. Do you see “time” as a companion that travels with you through the intricate windings of this mortal life ? Or, do you see it as a predator that stalks you through life as it’s prey ? Or is it the fire within which we all burn ?

Rolling Eyes

Ian

Time.
Today is where it happens,
Tomorrow none can see,
But yesterday is history,
And that, it's bound to be,
So where is time tomorrow,
As it waits to be today
How strange it is that yesterday,
Hurries time away.
bounce
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010, 2:47 pm

You have spent too much time with Murf Doug Shocked
Back to top Go down
doug
UCET Member
doug

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010, 3:06 pm

Ian wrote:
You have spent too much time with Murf Doug Shocked

You are probably right, Ian. bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
yummymummy
yummymummy

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 12:38 am

you are all MENTAL WTF is all this about lol geek i am completely lost with it but that won't surprise some people what with my blonde gene Laughing
Back to top Go down
lab rat
lab rat

Female
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 8:43 am

The older you are, the more time speeds by. But how can this be when time is constant! Each second lasts the same amount of time as the last second, no longer and no shorter, just the same; yet to those older than us, it seems and feels shorter than say, 2 years previous. Years ago, I remember feeling that a week would never end, waiting to get underground again - now, a week seems to come round quickly, which on the whole is good coz it means that time underground is closer to come. But is it?? Time is constant - but is it?? Is it the same yseterday as today?

Ian?? anyone??
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 9:20 am

Hi Lab Rat ...

lol @ "Ian??" (no pressure there then) Shocked

Erm, well, actually time isn't a constant, it is relative. Einstein theorised it and it was scientifically actioned (I think) in the 1970's and proven.

Additionally, although the concept of travelling backwards (or forwards) in time has been rejected by (pretty much) all the leading scientists as “impractical” as the only working theories require at least a Jupiter’s worth of dark matter just to create a small portal, it has been accepted that "time travel" is not only possible but is practical albeit on a very small scale. The basis of it, however, allows for significant "time travel" and is based on the speed at which you are travelling relative to the speed at which the medium you are travelling within/to and from is also moving.

I don't know the equation(s) but, for instance, if you were to zip away from the Earth in a space rocket travelling at, say, close to the speed of light and travel for 1 year in a giant circle returning to the Earth you would find that more than one year had elapsed in time on the Earth itself - thusly "time travel" and, thusly, time is relative.

The issue of "time" is also compounded with the fact that different lifeforms interpret it and experience it differently. Ever wondered why it is so hard to swat a stationary fly? Well, the fly "operates" at a significantly faster "speed" than we do and sees us in "slow motion" (so it has loads of “time” to get away). Therefore, a uniform measurement of time shared between humans and flies would be meaningless again demonstrating that “time” is relative (in a different sense to that already exemplified).

Q.E.D.

Cool

Ian
Back to top Go down
lab rat
lab rat

Female
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 11:49 am

Nice one Ian. I could talk science, radius of circumfrance travelled and speed of light etc, but its off the main topic really; only to say that you would need to know the radius of the earth and the earth is not truely spherical and would also need to know the height at which you travelled around the earth, then you could work it out.

Anyway, when is the Cabin shaft trip on? or has it been??

chears
Back to top Go down
doug
UCET Member
doug

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 1:23 pm

Time is relative, in the sense that, If you are two years old, then a year, is half a lifetime, think of the wait from November till Christmas when you were three or four.
Now that you are much older, like nearly sixty in my case, a year represents one sixtyeth of a lifetime, no wonder the years flash by, as if they were months. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
doug
UCET Member
doug

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 1:39 pm

[quote="Sledge"]Deep inhalation. That was pretty awesome Ian.
If I could award you a star & flag on this forum i would simply for the shear waste of ones own afternoon. You simply amaze me that you could find time to edit and post a most excellent video, run a busy enterprise and find time to google and put all of that together. You have indeed mastered time. I salute you Sir.
The Portal, my stone circle within a pond that had a lot of worms living in it, I destroyed for a bigger pond, but I only have now a gaping hole in what was my garden and my Avatar.
I used to sit in the middle of the circle some days and nights, at night, the worms would be out and wriggle around, sometimes snaking together to form Glyphs and occasional shapes of letters that id try and decipher.
The Golden ratio is used between three points, my house, a tower and a cross. which seemed strange to me.
The garden feature has gone now and the worms have moved on. The electtonic worm is now out of my computer networks and Ive been to Yorkshire.
A new start lets say. Very Happy [/quote

I am tempted to think that the Gelli portal concerns a tower in the Garreg woods, and a cross at maen acwyfan, (unsure of the spelling) in addition to your house. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sledge
Sledge

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 1:46 pm

[quote="doug"]
Sledge wrote:
Deep inhalation. That was pretty awesome Ian.
If I could award you a star & flag on this forum i would simply for the shear waste of ones own afternoon. You simply amaze me that you could find time to edit and post a most excellent video, run a busy enterprise and find time to google and put all of that together. You have indeed mastered time. I salute you Sir.
The Portal, my stone circle within a pond that had a lot of worms living in it, I destroyed for a bigger pond, but I only have now a gaping hole in what was my garden and my Avatar.
I used to sit in the middle of the circle some days and nights, at night, the worms would be out and wriggle around, sometimes snaking together to form Glyphs and occasional shapes of letters that id try and decipher.
The Golden ratio is used between three points, my house, a tower and a cross. which seemed strange to me.
The garden feature has gone now and the worms have moved on. The electtonic worm is now out of my computer networks and Ive been to Yorkshire.
A new start lets say. Very Happy [/quote

I am tempted to think that the Gelli portal concerns a tower in the Garreg woods, and a cross at maen acwyfan, (unsure of the spelling) in addition to your house. Smile

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Dont spill the Beans, I'm keeping Ian in Suspenders Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 3:21 pm

Sledge wrote:
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Dont spill the Beans, I'm keeping Ian in Suspenders Laughing

.... and very nice they are too but if Doug is right I will have to now take them off Shocked

Lab Rat ..... the trip to Cabin shaft has now been consigned to history and is in the past tense. "Time" has passed beyond the event What a Face

The logistics of the Earth form only part of the equation needed to hypothesis time travel; the most important aspect is the speed at which you are travelling clown and don't worry about being off topic - no one has noitced (yet) ....

drunken

Ian

Back to top Go down
Johno
UCET Member
Johno

Male
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 1:38 am

I think this thread has run out of TIME, I may not be able to stop TIME or even slow it down but I have the power to stop the waffle!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.nw-media.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Weekly Plans 21/10/10 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Plans 21/10/10
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2