This Forum is no longer in use - please visit www.ucet.org.uk for the new system.
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Weekly Plans 21/10/10

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
evan
UCET Member


Male
Number of posts : 239
Age : 42
Location : the middle of nowhere
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Mon 18 Oct 2010, 12:05 pm

Dear All:

Trip: Cabin Shaft, Minera

Trip type: General mooch again due to lack of numbers last week

Meet point: Moors Inn, Bwlchgwyn

Meet time: 18.45

Note: There is an electron on entry and exit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johno
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 154
Age : 52
Location : N. Wales
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Mon 18 Oct 2010, 12:40 pm

Evan

I am not being critical, but lack of numbers could have been down to the fact it was not published on the forum. At least I didn't see it, not that I could have gone.

I will be there this week, can we srt it, I hate the double electron ladder?

John.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nw-media.co.uk
Ian
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Age : 51
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Mon 18 Oct 2010, 12:46 pm

Do Both .... ?

Very Happy

_________________
Release the Kraken .....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 645
Age : 55
Location : milwr .northwales
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Mon 18 Oct 2010, 1:46 pm

Johno wrote:
Evan

I am not being critical, but lack of numbers could have been down to the fact it was not published on the forum. At least I didn't see it, not that I could have gone.

I will be there this week, can we srt it, I hate the double electron ladder?

John.
yep i'll bring the ropes as long as you CLEAN them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evan
UCET Member


Male
Number of posts : 239
Age : 42
Location : the middle of nowhere
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Mon 18 Oct 2010, 1:48 pm

It looks like i need to apologise, i thought i had put the previous weeks trip on the forum but it appears i had a senior moment!!!

People still had the e-mails though???

Ev
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 645
Age : 55
Location : milwr .northwales
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Mon 18 Oct 2010, 2:19 pm

evan wrote:
It looks like i need to apologise, i thought i had put the previous weeks trip on the forum but it appears i had a senior moment!!!

People still had the e-mails though???

Ev
yeh well said HOSS cherry cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sledge
Registered User
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 19
Age : 55
Location : North Wales
Registration date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 1:11 am

I dont know whether its my settings, but Ive never had emails from the forum informing me of trips.
Surprised
Presently it looks as though we wont be on this trip, but will see you in the pub later. Have a good one.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Age : 51
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 1:32 am

Sledge,

Do you get emails from me with links to the videos (especially the last one - Calf Hole) ?

Ian

_________________
Release the Kraken .....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sledge
Registered User
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 19
Age : 55
Location : North Wales
Registration date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 4:37 am

Yes I do and the last vid was ace.Very Happy But I think there may have been a little bit of trapped condensation in the unit. The quality seemed to improve as time went on. Its happened to me before with it, a warm day and took it into Poachers and the lens misted up on the inside. Ok after 20 mins or so.
I'm going to store it in future with the lids open and in a bag with a bag of desicant.
I'm looking at my profile just now on preferences and it has an option for email contact, should it be by 'email client software' Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Age : 51
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 4:44 am

Ian,

The reason I was asking if you were getting the emails I send you is that Evan is using the email list I gave him when he took over as trip organiser. It isn't the forum that sends you the trip details it's the trip organiser (Evan).

Since you ARE getting my emails and since Evan is using the same mailing list I used I can only think your house is located in a quantum singularity as there is no logical reason for my emails reaching you and his not.

.... Or does your email sorftware automatically decide if something is junk/spam and reject for you without your prior express permission ?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Ian

_________________
Release the Kraken .....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sledge
Registered User
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 19
Age : 55
Location : North Wales
Registration date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 4:54 am

I get a big list of spam each day and do check it, but unless in the course of our history, somehow its ended up as spam I dont know, but even then it would still show up in the junk folder.
Does evan use an email account of his own to send the info out? If thats the case mebe Ev could try sending a dummy mail and see what happens.
The Quantum singulatarity thing has been ruled out, I know for a fact that its not that. I entered the Gelli Portal only last week to look for our Postman as we hadnt received a book from Amazon. He wasnt in there and neither was the book, but, I did find a large worm and the book was delivered the the previous week as not promised. The worm had nothing to do with it. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Age : 51
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 6:09 am

Ian,

Your response has me at a loss ….

It is not clear as to whether you do or do not check your “junk” box although it is evident you are aware of it’s existence. Your “Spam” box appears to be a different box that you appear to be checking although the mechanics of the two boxes seem incomprehensible difficult to fathom.

Your suggestion of Evan sending a dummy email is equally confusing as Evan has, in fact, been sending emails every week and so the event itself would be equivalent (or better) to that of a “dummy” email. I am also certain that Evan does have his own email – I can’t imagine anyone else would be pleased to allow him to use theirs unless, of course, he paid a fee for this service. There seems, however, little or no benefit in him using someone else’s email and I doubt he would be happy to deplete his funds for the sake of sending out a mailshot.

I am delighted you have ruled out the possibility of a quantum singularity being the cause as this prospect was rather worrying. Indeed, as I live within 10 million parsecs of your house I would have undoubtedly be spagettified and suffered a traumatic experienced as I was sucked through. Doug can elaborate on this as he had been in written communication with Professor Stephen Hawking regarding precisely that matter.

Your reference to a Gelli portal has me foxed though as I am not aware that Licio Gelli invented (either in part or in whole) such a portal (expect the “Black hole” of, around $1.4billion for which he was accredited). He was noted for his nomination for the Nobel piece prize for literature and, of course, his clandestine Masonic activities (as well as founding the neo-fascist Italian movement) before eventually being sent to gaol after many wranglings.

However, I am unsurprised the postman did not bring your book on time as travelling from the Amazon would definitely be longer than “next day delivery” if he were on foot. I am not sure the post office provide their workers with any form of transport other than bicycles or sometimes a post van. Since neither of these forms of transport would work very well on the Amazon I expect neither were used. Therefore, a delay of one week was actually a remarkable feat given the vast distance covered by the postie. Did you tip him for his dedication to work ?

The worm you refer to is equally confusing especially as you did not follow it with word “hole”. As such, I assume you are referring to a biological entity rather than a spatial anomaly ? Did you consider asking the worm what it was doing there ?

I would consider that an easier solution is for you to email Evan and ask him to both check the address you sent it from against the address on his mailing list and also to ask him to hit the “reply” button to see where, in the vast essence of cyberspace, your email is actually being sent.

Of course, you will need Evan’s email address to do this and, sadly, that is currently lost in a vacuum inside my head (which is the only thing in my head) but I will PM it to you later when I find it.

I am certain I have completely cleared everything up but if there are any aspects of which you are uncertain then please do not hesitate to ask.

Very Happy

Ian

_________________
Release the Kraken .....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suboffender
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 330
Age : 32
Location : North Wales
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 6:18 am

Jesus Ian. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sledge
Registered User
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 19
Age : 55
Location : North Wales
Registration date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 6:38 am

Ian.
Well, let me first start with the Gelli Portal.
Although I admire your very well educated guess as to what could be the Gelli Portal, you are wrong.
We need to explore the 'Golden Ratio' and also the very meaning of the word Gelli.
I will keep you in suspenders with this for now as I type slowly and have a heap of work to do.
The worm is Biological and muttered the words that he was preparing to close the Portal down because of Government cut backs.
This has all something to do with my rebirth and the loss of my Forum Avatar which disappeared the moment a new pond was created. However, because you tube dosnt cost me anything, I was allowed by TPTB to keep the Avatar alive and well there for now anyway.
The parcel, a book, was from a Warehouse managed by Amazon.
I dont know the difference really between spam and Junk, but it goes in one place on my email thing.
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicole.Kiaya
Registered User
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 2
Age : 24
Location : North Wales
Registration date : 2010-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 11:44 am

Those worms are always chomping at things in the portal Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Age : 51
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 12:42 pm

Sledge wrote:
Ian.
Well, let me first start with the Gelli Portal.
Although I admire your very well educated guess as to what could be the Gelli Portal, you are wrong.

Without specific detail (and, in fact, you provided no specific detail), it is somewhat difficult and complex to “guess” the meaning of a person’s reference. In this instance I was very clear that you had me “foxed” and, thus, I was acquiescing to the patent fact that I did not know what the “Gelli Portal” was. Upon investigating the issue of “Gelli portal” with cross references to stellar phenomenon, I was able only to locate the said Mr Licio Gelli who, as a matter of record, created a “black hole” within the finances of the bank for which he was employed.

I note that you have now added the phrase “Golden Ratio” and although this could be befitting of a banker’s Bonus, you have excluded the possibility that Gelli and Licio Gelli are the same latent issues. Therefore, the meaning of “Golden Ratio” must lay within the context of Tachyons (you have conceded a reference to cosmic events such as a quantum singularity or worm hole). Einstein, however, was not a proponent of Tachyon theories and neither is Professor Stephen Hawking although Professor Braumstein is. I will be very interested to learn what is meant by “Golden Ratio” most especially if it solves the problem of how to bridge between particles at a quantum level to create a venturi effect that does not result in a reduction of mass.

Of course, if you begin to divide and sub-divide a rectangle to form perfect squares whilst noting the exact centre of each square you can plot a spiral which, arguably, is indicative to the creations of nature.

I wonder, therefore, are you hypothesising that the either the origins of your house or our universe lay within the base of such a spiral? In essence, a spiral worm hole ?

I shall await your further information with great interest and intrigue.

Sledge wrote:
I will keep you in suspenders with this for now as I type slowly and have a heap of work to do.

That’s cool .... take your time .... I might even get to like it !


Sledge wrote:
The worm is Biological and muttered the words that he was preparing to close the Portal down because of Government cut backs.

I find it somewhat odd that you have been talking to worms. I find it even more odd that you are purporting the worm actually vocally responded to you. What is even odder is that closing a portal would (normally) be counter-productive as the very existence of same allows transportation between two points at no economic cost (only dark matter is required of which the universe benefits from an abundance). If indeed this conversation with the worm did exist, perhaps you should explain the error in his logic (“his” because female logic confounds me).


Sledge wrote:
This has all something to do with my rebirth and the loss of my Forum Avatar which disappeared the moment a new pond was created. However, because you tube dosnt cost me anything, I was allowed by TPTB to keep the Avatar alive and well there for now anyway.


Re-birth ? A new pond ? Loss of forum avatar? The powers that be ? ... despite many attempts at translation, the best estimation of your meaning I have mustered is that following your computer problems you have started again from scratch in a pond but managed to keep your youtube account. I am, however, somewhat impressed. I know you have cameras that can survive in water (mine cannot) but owning, operating and housing computer equipment in a pond is a feat I doubt will be seen again in North Wales. Well done bud !


Sledge wrote:
The parcel, a book, was from a Warehouse managed by Amazon.
The mind boggles. The Amazon is managing a warehouse? Hum, that adds a new dynamic to the problem of how the postie managed to get the book to you at all. Not only had he to navigate and negotiate the world’s roughest terrain to reach you but, much worse, he had the red tape of a warehouse to deal with which would include the inevitable “Health & safety” issues. It is a wonder that the book even made it out of the building, never mind across the snake invested waters ...

Sledge wrote:
I dont know the difference really between spam and Junk, but it goes in one place on my email thing.

Fairly easy to deal with. “Spam” comes in a tin and although it is reasonably unpleasant, it IS edible. “Junk” relates to rubbish and although this may, on occasion, be edible, it is likely not be and should be discarded. Your computer will do this for you – often without your permission and you are quite right that it is located in your “email thingy”.

... I am glad we got all that cleared up

Shocked

Ian

_________________
Release the Kraken .....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Les W
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 66
Age : 56
Location : Somerset
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 12:51 pm

Ian ,
I'll have a pint of what ever you've been drinking. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johno
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 154
Age : 52
Location : N. Wales
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 2:12 pm

Ian bounce Arrow geek affraid Sleep

Sledge alien - PM Evan, he will add you to the list, I didn't get the email either.

cheers cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nw-media.co.uk
doug
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 228
Age : 67
Location : bedroom upstairs
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 2:28 pm

Les W wrote:
Ian ,
I'll have a pint of what ever you've been drinking. bounce

A pint for me too, please Question Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 645
Age : 55
Location : milwr .northwales
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 2:32 pm

doug wrote:
Les W wrote:
Ian ,
I'll have a pint of what ever you've been drinking. bounce

A pint for me too, please Question Question
im already drinking the stuffff . its wonderful in here drunken drunken drunken would you like to come in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doug
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 228
Age : 67
Location : bedroom upstairs
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 2:46 pm

Mike Leahy wrote:
doug wrote:
Les W wrote:
Ian ,
I'll have a pint of what ever you've been drinking. bounce

A pint for me too, please Question Question
im already drinking the stuffff . its wonderful in here drunken drunken drunken would you like to come in

Yes please, can you teleport me from Mansfield. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sledge
Registered User
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 19
Age : 55
Location : North Wales
Registration date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 3:15 pm

Deep inhalation. That was pretty awesome Ian.
If I could award you a star & flag on this forum i would simply for the shear waste of ones own afternoon. You simply amaze me that you could find time to edit and post a most excellent video, run a busy enterprise and find time to google and put all of that together. You have indeed mastered time. I salute you Sir.
The Portal, my stone circle within a pond that had a lot of worms living in it, I destroyed for a bigger pond, but I only have now a gaping hole in what was my garden and my Avatar.
I used to sit in the middle of the circle some days and nights, at night, the worms would be out and wriggle around, sometimes snaking together to form Glyphs and occasional shapes of letters that id try and decipher.
The Golden ratio is used between three points, my house, a tower and a cross. which seemed strange to me.
The garden feature has gone now and the worms have moved on. The electtonic worm is now out of my computer networks and Ive been to Yorkshire.
A new start lets say. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Age : 51
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 3:44 pm

Flattery has always been “a good bet” and I am humbled to be flattered but;

1) I am powerless to do anything with it
2) You have assumed too much

A star and a flag I could not accept as;

1) My afternoon was not wasted
2) The video was only very mediocre (at best)
3) I delegate heavily in my “busy enterprise” (as one should)
4) I googled only the detail on Messr L Gelli (the rest was floating around the neural network somewhere)
5) I have not “mastered time”

However, time is relative and not a constant. Einstein theorised this and later it was scientifically proven using 4 atomic clocks and a Boeing 747 (I will elaborate if anyone is interested but this being a caving forum I rather doubt it is the place or the time (pardon the pun)).

The salute I will accept but I will also return as your peer.

I am fascinated with YOUR “Golden Ratio”. I assume you are aware of the literally translation (the origin of nature) from your earlier post and also the creation of your own such inception together with your attempts to interpret and understand the allegory that prevailed within. In fact, the experience and self-destruction of this circle is mirrored in two other very significant events in your life of which I know about (and I am certain I know very little indeed) and I believe that this is key to your persona. Of course, the meaning of any glyphs (or otherwise) that you could distinguish within the circle lays within yourself and not the worms – you do understand that don’t you ?

I am also interested in the tower and the cross. What were they and what significance did you draw from them in creating your own Golden Ratio ?

.... Yorkshire was a mile stone and nothing more. Each of our lives are marked with these stones but they are only points we pass in time. It is how we deal with “time” that really matters. Do you see “time” as a companion that travels with you through the intricate windings of this mortal life ? Or, do you see it as a predator that stalks you through life as it’s prey ? Or is it the fire within which we all burn ?

Rolling Eyes

Ian

_________________
Release the Kraken .....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sledge
Registered User
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 19
Age : 55
Location : North Wales
Registration date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 4:35 pm

Wasted was a rather tongue in cheek remark Ian, you master time by having mastered your arts.
I completely understand that it was me and not the worms, just like pictures in clouds.
Destroying the circle had no detrimental effect, I was glad as it was a pain to maintain.
Money is tight and that put a hold on the bigger pond.
I know about the clocks, but not much, they say it makes a difference just being upstairs in your house.
Time can be your friend and can be your foe, I am sure you know.
The Golden Ratio- you're welcome to come and mooch.
Enough of explaining myself. Laughing
Goodnight all. Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marc
UCET Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 359
Age : 107
Location : helygain
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 4:45 pm

WTF! At first I thought the "Gelli Portal" may have been a name for a new cave in Abergelli, but then complete gobbledygook Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wiki.cave-clwyd.org
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Weekly Plans 21/10/10   

Back to top Go down
 
Weekly Plans 21/10/10
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» My prototype plans for a Bipe 3d indoor plane
» Flying wing plans
» Proposed Rhyl Harbour Development Plans
» Make No Little Plans
» Marathon Training Plans

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
United Cavers Exploration Team :: Club News :: Trips & Events-
Jump to: