United Cavers Exploration Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is no longer in use - please visit www.ucet.org.uk for the new system.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alderley Edge Trip

Go down 
+4
frankthesurf
martymarty
marc
Borntomine
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Borntomine
UCET Member
Borntomine

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-01-14

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 2:22 pm

Hi guys,

Does anyone fancy a trip down the mines at Alderley Edge, Cheshire in the foreceable future? The geology and mineralization down there is pretty fantastic from what I remember but i've only
walked over the surface and would love to get underground and check out the old mines including the Engine Vein Mine. I have discussed the idea with Evan, Ian and Doug who are interested so if anyone else fancies the trip it would be good to get a decent sized group together.

The Derbyshire Caving Club appear to control access and organise a series of trips down the mines............so if there is enough interest we can get the ball rolling for a trip with UCET. The website has plenty on the history, geology and mines if anyone is interested! Smile

http://www.alderleyedge.org/Mines/mines.htm

http://www.derbyscc.org.uk/alderley/index.html

The contact on the site is Nigel Dibben: webmaster@Derbyscc.org.uk

Tryst

Last edited by Borntomine on Thu 15 Apr 2010, 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marc
UCET Member
marc

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 2:26 pm

Yes I'd be interested too.
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.cave-clwyd.org
martymarty
martymarty

Male
Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 2:41 pm

been there good mine that one some links below if you want a look you may have to be registered members of m-e to see them tho (both the same mine) Very Happy

http://www.mine-explorer.co.uk/mines/West_1324/West.asp

http://www.mine-explorer.co.uk/mines/Alderley-edge_2547/Alderley-edge.asp
Back to top Go down
http://www.mine-explorer.co.uk
frankthesurf

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2010, 1:19 am

Yes please I'd be very interested as I had a mooch around there as a kid!!
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male
Number of posts : 645

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 11:22 am

come on marty sort yourself out . ( he know's someone that know's the place like the back of his hand ) these guy's are chomping at the bit clown clown clown
Back to top Go down
Borntomine
UCET Member
Borntomine

Male

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 9:32 am

Ok guys I've just spoken to one of the members about a trip down the mines at Alderley Edge.

The date is Saturday 8th May, he's asking for £6 each to show a group of around 10 of us around Wood Copper Mine. The trip takes roughly 2 hours.

The meeting place is the club hut at 10am, postcode SK10 4UB.

I told him i'd get back to him to confirm it in case people have any problems.

Tryst
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 10:54 am

I Just missed the Alderley edge open weekend, totally forgot about it. I was very disappointed as I've been wanting to go for a while.

I can't make that date either due to exams Sad. Is the guy from DCC called Edd by any chance? He was on Marty's Henblas trip the other week.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 11:00 am

Sad. Is the guy from DCC called Edd by any chance? He was on Marty's Henblas trip the other week.[/quote]

it can't be , i would find it hard that edd would CHARGE us £6-squid to go around aldarley ????? could be wrong though (won't be the first time )
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 11:04 am

I was initially surprised at the charge, but to be honest, i think there was a charge for the last Alderley Edge trip on M-E.

I can't remember what the charge was for though to be honest, I'm sure it wasn't for insurance. I think it's just a general access charge Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 11:10 am

It isnt edd thats charging you tho i believe there is a "make a donation" as it was for me last time i was there , If edd takes a group it will be more than 2 hours i think you've got that wrong there and he may also "probably" take you around west mine as well, in one mine out the other. I'll give him a call later..
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 11:13 am

Could UCET not offer DCC a trip down Henblas to waiver the fee? It's £60 from ten of us that they would be getting pale

I think the access officer is in fact Paul stubbs, He was on the last Cwmorthin long haul trip trip Marty. But im sure Ed will be able to sort something out.

Apologies to Tristan for jumping on this, but i was just initially annoyed about the Charge Surprised
Back to top Go down
martymarty
martymarty

Male

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 11:24 am

I think the charge is to keep the landowner happy the DCC need to get club funds like any other, unfortunatly they have to charge visitors but i dont think they would if they didnt have to its a little more complicated down there too many politics
Back to top Go down
doug
UCET Member
doug

Male
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 11:41 am

Well if the trip does come off you can put me down for it. bounce

Doug.
Back to top Go down
Borntomine
UCET Member
Borntomine

Male

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 12:23 pm

martymarty wrote:
It isnt edd thats charging you tho i believe there is a "make a donation" as it was for me last time i was there , If edd takes a group it will be more than 2 hours i think you've got that wrong there and he may also "probably" take you around west mine as well, in one mine out the other. I'll give him a call later..

Cheers Marty let us know what Edd says, the guy I spoke to was called Paul Stubbs.

I was initially suprised by the £6 charge as some mines i've been caving down have a donation box or none at all rather than a fixed per head charge although i've never had a so called 'tour' with another caving club so I may not know. It would be nice if we could try more than one mine too and not just Wood Mine for the price.

Tryst
Back to top Go down
Borntomine
UCET Member
Borntomine

Male

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 12:26 pm

Suboffender wrote:
Could UCET not offer DCC a trip down Henblas to waiver the fee? It's £60 from ten of us that they would be getting pale

I think the access officer is in fact Paul stubbs, He was on the last Cwmorthin long haul trip trip Marty. But im sure Ed will be able to sort something out.

Apologies to Tristan for jumping on this, but i was just initially annoyed about the Charge Surprised

No problem I was initially a bit red faced when he told me about the charge, did'nt really know what to make of it to be honest. Hopefully Edd can sort something out for that weekend that involves less money and/or more caving bounce
Tryst
Back to top Go down
rockster

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 4:02 pm

Dont know about the DCC charging policy but I did see Ed flashing a very fancy camera around the pub after Martys ME Henblas trip the other week (if you know what I mean wink)Very Happy
I'd love to have a look around the Alderley Edge mines.
Unfortuanately I cant make 8th May.

Roger.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 11:40 am

[quote="
I'd love to have a look around the Alderley Edge mines.
Unfortuanately I cant make 8th May.

Roger.[/quote]

have a word with edd and see if he can pick a date to suit you (sir) . i'm sure he will come up with the goods
Back to top Go down
rockster

Male

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 5:08 pm

Good idea Mike,time is hard to come by for me at the moment Mad

(Still want to get in on the Swinsto trip though)

Cheers Roger
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 3:52 am

(Still want to get in on the Swinsto trip though)

Cheers Roger[/quote]

patience young grasshopper you will go to the ball? . as soon as these noobeis have finished there srt training a trip will be on albino albino
Back to top Go down
rockster

Male

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 5:26 pm

Swinsto?
My name is first on the list isn't it? bounce
Just dont make it a Saturday please

Roger
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 5:52 pm

rockster wrote:
Swinsto?
My name is first on the list isn't it? bounce
Just dont make it a Saturday please

Roger

it is most likely be a sunday so you should be ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alderley Edge Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alderley Edge Trip   Alderley Edge Trip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alderley Edge Trip