United Cavers Exploration Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is no longer in use - please visit www.ucet.org.uk for the new system.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Saturday 20th March Mooch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Saturday 20th March Mooch Empty
PostSubject: Saturday 20th March Mooch   Saturday 20th March Mooch I_icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010, 12:42 am

I am planning on having a "mooch" into Cwmorthin (Blaenau Ffestiniog) on Saturday for a few hours.

If anyone would like to pop along you are more than welcome Saturday 20th March Mooch Icon_biggrin

Meet time will be 11:00am at the Llecwedd (Spelling?) Slate Caverns visitor centre car park at Blaenau Ffestiniog or 11:05am at the Cwmorthin car park if you know where it is.

It is essentially a dry mine (a little water at the entrance but not enough to go over normal "boots"). The lower levels are flooded but I don't intend to wander down that far.

Saturday 20th March Mooch Icon_albino Saturday 20th March Mooch Icon_albino Saturday 20th March Mooch Icon_albino

Ian
Back to top Go down
Borntomine
UCET Member
Borntomine

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th March Mooch   Saturday 20th March Mooch I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010, 7:47 am

Ian,

I would like to come but unless someone can offer me a lift from Mold i'm stuck i'm afraid.

Tryst
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th March Mooch   Saturday 20th March Mooch I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010, 9:24 am

Trystan,

I am leaving Denbigh at 10:00am and regret I am heading in exactly the opposite direction you (soz).

If you were able to get to Denbigh I would be delighted to bring you along - there is only one other person coming along (Dave from Norfolk) at the moment and he isn't passing Mold either ....

Saturday 20th March Mooch Icon_eek Saturday 20th March Mooch Icon_eek Saturday 20th March Mooch Icon_eek

Ian
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th March Mooch   Saturday 20th March Mooch I_icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar 2010, 2:33 pm

T'was a great day out ....

We found a new part of Cwmorthin (well, new for us; it was well trodden so I am certain Marty will know all about it Saturday 20th March Mooch Icon_rolleyes )

We also went above the main entrance and located a number of additional adits, one of which we entered and found a rather nice independant section of the mine.

Saturday 20th March Mooch Icon_albino Saturday 20th March Mooch Icon_albino Saturday 20th March Mooch Icon_albino

Ian
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th March Mooch   Saturday 20th March Mooch I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar 2010, 12:14 pm

Yeah, there's still some good stuff to be seen in the higher adits. Did you take a look in the one that's flooded to the knackers?
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th March Mooch   Saturday 20th March Mooch I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar 2010, 12:17 pm

Erm, nope ....

We ran out of time having spent most of the time in the main Cwmorthin mine. We found two adits above and explored one (with it's own system). There was another adit a little lower which we did not investigate and we didn't have time to wander further over to the right where there were higher spoil heaps and other potential adits.

I feel another movie coming on .....

bounce

Ian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th March Mooch   Saturday 20th March Mooch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saturday 20th March Mooch
Page 1 of 1