United Cavers Exploration Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is no longer in use - please visit www.ucet.org.uk for the new system.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aber Mine x

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Aber  Mine x Empty
PostSubject: Aber Mine x   Aber  Mine x I_icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 10:55 am

SH 656 698

Directions

Go to “Aber” (By Llanfairfechan) and park (at a cost of £2.00) at the car park for “Aber Falls”.

Walk to the falls and past continuing along the footpath beyond. Go past the smaller falls (on your left after about 400 yards) and you will soon see a spoil heap over to the left on the side of the hill – the mine is there.

In fact, the spoil is from a small quarrying operation (and not the mine) and the adit is just a fraction further past the spoil (and not at all obvious) but directly above a much smaller and different coloured spoil heap.

It is marked on the O/S map as “Level (dis)”

Access

Unknown. No Gate.

Suggested Equipment

None

Length

100feet Approx

Flood Risk

None. There is water to ankle depth for around 15 feet at the entrance and then it is dry and even.

Mine Attributes

Probably slate as suggested by the adjoining spoil heaps but the adit is indicative of a lead/copper trial.

Description

A short adit, probably a trial which is almost featureless.

It is level (well, a slight upwards gradient of course) with no shafts, winze’s avens or other such features.

[size=12]There is a small and interesting iron intrusion and the walls are heavily beaded with silver and gold droplets making it quite “pretty”

Unexplored Passages
None

Digs
None

Links
None Known
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Aber  Mine x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aber Mine x   Aber  Mine x I_icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 11:07 am

Aber  Mine x 100_0310

Aber  Mine x 100_0311
Back to top Go down

Aber Mine x
Page 1 of 1