United Cavers Exploration Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is no longer in use - please visit www.ucet.org.uk for the new system.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Parys Mountain Visiting Request

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male
Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Parys Mountain Visiting Request Empty
PostSubject: Parys Mountain Visiting Request   Parys Mountain Visiting Request I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 7:46 am

As requested, I have made some enquiries with regard to visiting the Parys Mountain underground mine system.

The Parys Mountain Caving group would prefer to meet on Wedsdays evenings at 6:30pm.

However, they have indicated that they will be prepared to entertain a different day and time if one of their leaders is available and they are looking for a group of 8-12. (it doesn't matter if it is less on Weds but in either case it can't be more than 12).

So, should I be asking for a Weds trip or should I request a "special" date? If I request a "special" date, they will need to confirm a leader is available and we need 8(ish) people to go.

Comments please ? (especially from people who want to go).

I am also acutely aware that I am treading on the toes of trip organisers and I herewith absolve myself of all blame as I was barracked into looking into this Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

bounce

Ian
Back to top Go down
Mike Leahy
UCET Member
Mike Leahy

Male
Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Parys Mountain Visiting Request   Parys Mountain Visiting Request I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 12:07 pm

ye ye bla bla . barracked my 4rse you luv it really i personaly would rather do it on a weekend as it will take over an hour to get there , but i suppose it depends on how long the trip is ???
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Parys Mountain Visiting Request   Parys Mountain Visiting Request I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 12:48 pm

Sorry, I should have put that before.

The trip is 3 hours What a Face

bounce

Ian
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Parys Mountain Visiting Request   Parys Mountain Visiting Request I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 2:52 pm

Weeknight is better for me, but i guess we are talking 1am by the time we get home though right?
Back to top Go down
marc
UCET Member
marc

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Parys Mountain Visiting Request   Parys Mountain Visiting Request I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 1:23 pm

I didn't know you were looking into this. My work had discussed a trip and made some enquiries and now I'm the trip organiser for that. My plan was to make some contacts and then butter them up for a club visit, but if Ian has it in hand then that's great.
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.cave-clwyd.org
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Parys Mountain Visiting Request   Parys Mountain Visiting Request I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 4:41 pm

I don't have it in hand .... I never got a proper response from our club soooo. butter up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Parys Mountain Visiting Request   Parys Mountain Visiting Request I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 2:38 pm

I'm not living that far from Parys mountain now. I'm going to get in touch with the Parys Underground group and try to get in on a trip. Is anyone else interested?
Back to top Go down
Ian
UCET Member
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: Parys Mountain Visiting Request   Parys Mountain Visiting Request I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 2:43 pm

Yes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suboffender
UCET Member
Suboffender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Parys Mountain Visiting Request   Parys Mountain Visiting Request I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 2:51 pm

I've just posted a thread on Mine-explorer aswell asking the members on there the same question. will see what the general consensus is and see what can be organized.

It's such a colorful and corrosive mine it's a shame that not many people have been into it!
Back to top Go down
doug
UCET Member
doug

Male
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Parys Mountain Visiting Request   Parys Mountain Visiting Request I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 8:53 am

I have been there, it is an excellent trip, I wouldn't mind doing it again though if there is room for me on the day you choose. cheers
Doug.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parys Mountain Visiting Request   Parys Mountain Visiting Request I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parys Mountain Visiting Request
Page 1 of 1